Monday, May 21, Noon - Tuesday, May 22, Noon
Coker United Methodist Church
231 E. North Loop Rd.
San Antonio, TX 78216
Welcome to the Rio Texas Right Start event! It’s the time of year when itinerancy kicks in for real, and pastors moving to new appointments are faced with finding packing boxes, cleaning out files, saying goodbye, and saying hello.
Right Start is a tool for you during this time of transition. You will gather with other colleagues who are moving, to worship together, share experiences, and learn best practices for taking care of yourself and your churches, making your move as healthy and positive as possible.
- Due to the importance of this change in your life and the life of the church, your participation in Right Start is expected.
- Spouses are welcome but by no means required to attend.
- Childcare is available upon request as part of the online registration process.
- Lodging will be reimbursed up to $50, based on two clergy per room. If you desire an individual room or will bring your spouse, you will be responsible for the additional cost.
- Hotel options are listed below.
- Lunch and dinner on Monday will be provided.
We hope Right Start will help us all live into the expectations that our bishop has shared with us—that our work stay Christ-centered, that we strive for fruitfulness and excellence, and that we work in ways that are collaborative and accountable. We need each other on this journey.
Register here or copy and paste this link into your browser's navigation bar: https://www.eventbrite.com/e/the-right-start-2018-tickets-44255695978
Monday, May 21
Noon–1:00 pm - Lunch provided – Rooms 703 & 704, Wesley
1:00–1:30 pm - Worship – The Upper Room, Gibbs Second Floor
1:30–5:45 pm - Welcome, Leaving well, Clergy covenant, Social media, Starting well,
First 100 days, Mission Insite
6:00–7:00 pm - Dinner provided; clergy sit together with DSs in new district groups
Tuesday, May 22
Coffee (but not breakfast) provided
8:30–10:30 am - Resources, Clergy self-care and wellness, Benefits and moving
10:30–11:30 am Reflections on transition
-Robert Schnase, Bishop of the Rio Texas Conference
11:30–Noon Worship and Holy Communion