Buda United Methodist Church is seeking a Choir Director.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Maintains a high level of music quality and variety that reflects the scripture, series, and/or liturgical day
• In consultation with the Senior Pastor, assists in the selection of music for the traditional service, including, but
not limited to: introit, anthem, hymns, offertory, and music during communion
• Works with and supports other music leaders within the church
• Coordinates with Senior Pastor and other music leaders for Christmas Eve, Holy Week, Easter and other special
• Rehearses weekly and on Sunday mornings
• Helps the choir understand their role as worship leaders
• Fosters community within the choir
• Recruits new choir members
• Implements a 4-6 week choir break in the summer months, preferable from July 1-August 15
• Coordinates special music for worship during the annual choir break with approval of Senior Pastor
Send resume to email@example.com.