First United Methodist Church Boerne is seeking an experienced full time Director of Children’s Ministry to join our ministry team. This person would ideally hold a Bachelors degree from an accredited college or university and/or have significant children’s ministry experience.
The individual we are seeking must have a passion for children and be able to enthusiastically support the development of their faith. They will collaborate with ministry staff and work with committees to meet the needs of our faith community. Primary duties of the position include:
- Recruiting and leading a well-balanced team of volunteers to accomplish this ministry (Sunday School, midweek programming, Vacation Bible School, Project Transformation, etc.)
- Oversight of all programming and ministry for children from birth through elementary age
- Coordinating a strategy to both reach and connect new children and their families into the life of the church
- Caring for our children and their families by providing resources and teaching to enhance their spiritual growth
- Strong relational and communication skills - internal and external- to promote and create an awareness around the program
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail (budgeting, event planning, calendaring, etc.)
- Strong computer skills including, but not limited to, email, social media, church webpage, etc.
- Our mission is to make disciples of Jesus Christ through experiencing and sharing God’s love
- Our vision is to be an accepting church family transformed by God’s love, growing in faith, and serving all
- We embrace three primary goals to accomplish our mission and vision: Encounter, Grow, and Serve. When we have an encounter with God a desire grows in us to learn more and go deeper in our faith. As we grow, we desire to see the kingdom of God transform us and heal the world. When we serve others through word and action we help lead them into encounters with God. And so the cycle continues.
The successful candidate will work under the supervision of a clergy to insure that both mission and vision statements are implemented in the daily operation of the children’s ministry by providing pastoral care and fulfilling administrative needs.
Salary: $40,000 -- $45,000 (depending upon education and experience)
Benefits: Medical/dental for employee only
Pension and vacation time after one year of service
To apply or request a list of job duties contact: Dr. Ricky L. Burk