Bee Creek UMC
3000 Bee Creek Rd.
Children’s Ministry Assistant
Reports to Student Ministry Pastor
Status: Part time, 10 hours
• Children’s Ministry
o Serve as point of contact on Sunday mornings for volunteers. Ensure teachers and assistants are present in each class.
o Help with special ministry events such as I love My Church Sunday, Backpack Festival, Palm Sunday, Easter, and the Children’s Christmas Eve service.
o Assist or teach in the youth Sunday school classes at 9:30 am and 11 am if needed.
o Prepare supplies for Sunday morning children classes.
o Serve as an adult chaperone for Bee Kids ministry on Wednesdays from 3:30-5 pm.
o Serve as an adult chaperone at Family Gym times on Sundays, 2:30-4:30pm.
• Relationship Building
o Be present at children ministry events with an intentional and prayerful focus on developing relationships with the children and their families.
o Cultivate relationships within the larger community.
o Assist Student Ministries pastor with volunteer scheduling.
o Assist Student Ministries pastor with record-keeping processes for new volunteers, such as background checks and consent forms.
o Assist with attendance
• Deep and vibrant faith and a lifestyle consistent with Christ’s teaching.
• Experience in supporting or serving in Children and youth ministries
• CPR Certification and First Aid are required to be kept current and paid for by the church.
• Proficient in computer skills, including word processing, spreadsheets and social media.
• High School diploma
• Spiritual Development: intentional about growing in faith with a thirst for a deeper relationship with Christ and others.
• Teamwork: works well as part of a staff team and within the church as a whole.
• Servant Leader: models the servant example set by Christ in both ministry and personal life.
• Relational: a deep love for others, with a special heart for children and youth. Able to develop relationships with children, parents and volunteers.
• Management and relational skills: recruits volunteers, delegates tasks as appropriate, schedules and plans in advance for the benefit of ministry.
• Organization: excellent organizational skills and multi-tasking ability.
Send resume to LinneaFalk email@example.com