Children’s Ministries Director
The Journey United Methodist Church is a young and dynamic congregation. We are intentional in using creative and innovative means to present Jesus Christ to the world and to meet the needs of our community. We seek to meet people where they are and lead them on the journey to fully follow Christ.
Responsibilities for Children’s Ministry
Coordinate age appropriate, faith enriching activities for children (Birth-5th grade):
• Children’s Church (3yrs-5th grade)
Lead children’s church weekly: An energetic lesson for multi-age group during sermon time (~30 min.)
Sync children’s church message with Pastor’s message
- Nursery (birth to 3yrs) / Child Care
Create schedules for staff and volunteers
Hire and train staff and volunteers on nursery procedures
• Sunday School
Select/develop curriculum and coordinate volunteers
• Coordinate Children’s activities for Special Events:
Children’s ministry centric events – roughly 1 per semester (Christmas, Easter, Summer, Fall)
Adding a child friendly element to church wide special events
- Recruit, develop, support and celebrate volunteers
- Coordinate children’s team meetings for planning and visioning, etc.
- Provide mentoring, guidance and support to children and parents
- Coordinate activities with church calendar
- Apply The Journey ministry vision/goals to the children in the church and community
- Ensure compliance with our Safe Sanctuaries Policy
- Love for children and families
- Ability to reach and teach children at their own level
- Desire to enrich spiritual growth in children
- Experience working with children
- Strong written & verbal communication skills
- Good organizational/detail work
- Flexible team player
- Willingness to participate in on-going professional development
- Approximately 10 Hours (including One on One with Pastor, Staff Meeting, and being present and leading on Sundays 9am-1pm).
- Staff members are an important part of the church leadership team. Therefore, it is expected that each person in a director position at The Journey be a committed Christian who regularly practices the disciplines of prayer, scripture reading, fellowship with other believers, generous financial giving, and weekly worship attendance at The Journey UMC.
Resumes can be sent to email@example.com. Inquiries can be made to Trish Cremers 512-731-1432, SPRC Chair.