Church: Bethel United Methodist Church
Position: Administrative Assistant
Closing Date: 1/15/2016
Familiarity with general office procedures either through formal training or equivalent experience.
Previous work experience in an office environment preferred but not necessary.
Computer literate with knowledge of word processing software programs.
Must possess good organization skills, good interpersonal skills and maintain a high degree of confidentiality.
Report to: Senior Pastor
Anything else we need to know?: Responsibilities:
1. Check all phone messages and return calls as needed.
2. Check all email accounts daily.
3. Greet all incoming visitors and staff.
4. Answer all telephone calls and direct to appropriate staff or lay member.
5. Ensure that all outgoing mail is mailed out daily.
6. Collect all attendance rosters from Sunday School as well as Sunday Services and input all names into church database (or other church membership system).
7. Collect names and addresses of all first time visitors and send a signed letter from the pastor. Ensure that this is mailed promptly.
8. Collect birthdays from church database, input into a letter or card that will be mailed Friday wishing the member a happy birthday.
9. Mail a recording of Sunday's service and /or bulletin to certain individuals, as Senior Pastor directs.
10.Collect all dates for church activities, meetings and recreational programs, making all reservations ensuring that there are no conflicts and inputting into all calendars.
11. Make calls for routine and emergency maintenance of the building.
12. Order all office supplies, paper, toner, etc.
13. Collect all articles for the bulletin daily. Input, arrange, and have proofread before printing. Print necessary amount of copies and have available for mailing.
14. Hard copies of bulletin may be kept in files as well as a public folder for all church members.
15.Transfer all information pertaining o the transfer, death, and incoming of members to the Membership Secretary. Also keep a hard copy of all information available for the Senior Pastor for Charge Conference purpose.
To Apply: Send a letter of interest, your resume and 3 reference to firstname.lastname@example.org