Sonshine Friends Child Care Center, a ministry of Cross Tracks United Methodist Church in Liberty Hill, Texas, is seeking a Certified Child Care Director.
The Center Director will oversee the day to day operations of the facility while demonstrating
professional conduct and consideration for the educational development, safety and welfare of the children and staff.
Essential duties and functions include, but are not limited to:
• Accountable for the operation of Sonshine Friends, ensuring that the school is operating in
accordance with the school guidelines and state licensing regulations, including staffing,
administration, and facilities.
• Leadership responsibilities include recruiting, interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, scheduling, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems amongst personnel.
• Maintaining a good rapport with school families and addressing any issues parents or guardians may have regarding their child.
• Assist teachers with the weekly development and execution of the curriculum and program
activities, including organizing special events through the year.
• Collaborate with teams to implement various strategies for maintaining profitability and a positive image of the school and church.
• Work hand-in-hand with church staff and other church leaders.
• Implement and organize in-house fundraisers.
• Keep an open line of communication with families regarding upcoming events or special news.
• Create and maintain a yearly budget.
• Secure substitutes and/or help fill in for teachers when the school is short staffed.
• Purchase supplies and other materials necessary for program operations within budgetary
• Help plan and implement special programs and monthly activities.
• Plan and secure trainings for all staff.
• Provide tours for potential families and market the school.
• Create academic calendars for all staff.
• Administer record keeping (staff, student and financial).
• Complete 30 hours of yearly management trainings and maintain CPR and First Aid certification.
• Associate, Bachelor's or a minimum number of college hours based on Early Childhood
Education/Management and prior experience in a licensed facility to meet the qualifications to secure a Texas Director's Child Care Certificate.
Send resume to firstname.lastname@example.org