Westlake United Methodist Church in Austin TX is seeking a Youth Ministries Summer Intern
General Overview of Responsibility
The Youth Ministry Intern (YMI) is the direct report of the Youth Director and will be held accountable to their duties by the Youth Director. If the Youth Director is not present they report to the Senior Pastor. The YMI will assist with the development of youth disciples over the summer months in a relational atmosphere while gaining valuable ministry experience.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Serve as a strong leader and positive Christian role model to youth.
- Develop meaningful, Christ-centered relationships with students.
- Attend and lead weekly small groups and lead bible studies with guidance from the Youth Ministry Director.
- Attend both Middle and High School mission trips as well as day trips and fun outings.
- Attend WUMC weekly staff meetings.
- Assist with administrative work that prepares for events as prescribed by the Youth Ministries Director.
The YMI position is a full time, 40 hours per week position lasting ~10 weeks starting in May and ending in August (We are flexible on beginning and ending dates). Compensation is $11.00 per hour + reimbursement for all ministry expenses + provided housing accommodations as needed.
To apply, please send cover letter and resume to Diane Kofahl, Youth Ministries Director at firstname.lastname@example.org. Questions? Feel free to call 512-327-1335 ext. 123