Kyle United Methodist Church is seeking a part-time Music Director
The Music Director is responsible for developing an Adult Choir and Praise Band who is able to perform songs from a variety of styles. He or she should be a visionary and builder who will develop leaders and other choirs.
Specific duties include:
- Direct and lead the volunteer choir and praise band during weekly Sunday worship services.
- Lead weekly scheduled rehearsals.
- Leads children and youth for special events during worship services.
- Select and plan music selection each week and provide to the Pastor or Administrative Assistant.
- Work to fully utilize the talents and skills of all members of the groups to the best of their abilities.
- Recruit and develop new choir members.
- Meet with the pastor and Worship Committee as needed.
- Attend church council meetings when appropriate in an advisory capacity.
- Work within a departmental budget.
- Arrange for a qualified substitute during absences.
The ideal candidate will demonstrate the following:
- A committed Christian who is deepening his or her personal relationship with Jesus Christ and modeling this to others.
- Ability to play the piano.
- A Bachelor’s Degree in Music, Musical Performance, or related discipline is preferred.
- Experience leading adults.
- Good organizational skills.
- Effective communication skills
The Music Director requires flexible hours, including evenings and weekends. The position is part time. The schedule may vary at different times of the year, including Christmas Eve, Christmas, Ash Wednesday, Holy Week, Easter and other special services.
Supervision and accountability:
In the following order, be supervised by and accountable to the:
1) Senior Pastor.
2) The Staff Parish Relations Committee.
Salary commensurate with experience.
Interested candidates should send a cover letter and resume to email@example.com