Highland Park United Methodist Church Dallas is seeking a Male Youth Pastor for Middle School Students.
This full-time position is responsible for helping lead youth into a meaningful relationship with Jesus Christ. The Middle School Youth Pastor will work on a team with other youth staff, and will focus primarily on 7th and 8th grade youth ministry. This position will include casting vision for the Middle School Ministry, delivering large group messages, leading male small group Bible studies, managing a large team of volunteers, being highly relational, and supporting the entire youth ministry and church with its mission, vision, and strategy.
The Middle School Youth Pastor must thrive in a fast-paced, highly relational, creative environment with tight deadlines and busy schedules.
As with all HPUMC positions, this person is expected to embody the mission of HPUMC each and every day: to help people become deeply devoted followers of Christ. They are also expected to demonstrate the values of HPUMC, which include: (1) being God led, (2) caring for one another, (3) being respectful of our heritage and (4) being focused on our future.
Location: Dallas, TX
The following responsibilities are a representative sampling of the duties of the Middle School Pastor.
• Serve as the lead Youth Pastor for 7th-8th graders and their families
• Continually evaluate the HPUMC Youth strategy and our execution of this strategy
Create Strategic Environments
• Work with other HPUMC Youth staff to plan and execute all middle school environments
• Serve as the lead staff person in these environments
• Share primary teaching responsibilities in middle school environments with the Director of Youth Ministry
Cultivate Personal Relationships with Middle School Students
• Spend time each week with middle school students outside of weekly programming
• Recruit and train volunteers to cultivate appropriate personal relationships with middle school students
• Attend middle school extra-curricular events
Partner with Parents
• Intentionally develop and nurture personal relationships with parents
• Be proactive in communicating with parents regularly
• Help to engage parents in the ministry of the church
Model a Missional Mindset
• Actively engage in an ongoing relationship with one of HPUMC Youth’s community partners
• Help students actively engage in an ongoing relationship with one of our community partners
• Help students view their future through the lens of Christ’s calling on their lives.
• Attend All-Staff meeting
• Attend quarterly Family Ministries meeting
• Attend bi-weekly HPUMC Youth department meetings
• Meet with Director of Youth Ministry every other week and/or as needed
• Lead one major role of the youth ministry (e.g. missions, creative content, communications, summer programming, hospitality).
We Provide competitive pay and full benefit package, free garage parking, generous holiday schedule, and a fun, collaborative and supportive work environment!
We Require a Christian committed to living a life that reflects the Gospel, who feels called to Youth Ministry and is comfortable working in a United Methodist Church environment, with the following qualifications:
Education & Experience:
1. Undergraduate degree required; post-grad education a plus
2. 3+ years in Youth Ministry or related field preferred
3. Experience in large church ministry
4. Experience in delivering powerful biblical messages to youth regularly
5. Good computer skills: email, Internet, other applications
1. Demonstrates enthusiasm and positive attitude
2. High degree of initiative and accountability
3. Ability to manage and motivate volunteers
4. Strong interpersonal, communication and organization skills
Due to the nature of youth ministry early mornings, late nights, weekends, and week-long out-of-town events are regular. Office hours will be determined with these factors in mind.
TO APPLY, please email all of the following to firstname.lastname@example.org, specifying Male MS Pastor in subject line. Applications without the following information will not be considered.
2. Statement of your philosophy of ministry and your call to ministry
3. Your religious/church affiliation
4. Your salary history and pay requirement