Rolling Hills Community Church
6102 Lohman Ford Road
A unique union church chartered in the United Methodist Church, the Presbyterian Church USA,
the Christian Church (Disciples of Christ), and the United Church of Christ a church for the unchurched and dechurched on the north Lake Travis shore.
6201 Lohman Ford Rd
Lago Vista, TX 78645
Middle School Youth Associate
Be the catalyst of an awesome ministry team! We need that just-right person that can energize ministry to middle-schoolers and their families.
Under the general direction of the Lead Pastor and the day to day supervision of the Associate Pastor, this job provides content and onsite leadership for the church’s formal ministry to middle school youth of Rolling Hills Community Church, while creating an atmosphere to attract young people of the community to commit to Christ and participate in the church.
REPRESENTATIVE MAJOR DUTIES
1. In cooperation with the Youth Ministry Team, plan and lead 2 weekly programs for the youth 6th through 8th grades throughout the school year, with a balance of elements including the following:
a) Prayer and worship
b) Fellowship and fun
c) Bible study
d) Missional service
2. The first weekly program happens during Sunday morning’s contemporary worship service, and content would be tied to the Scripture and themes of that day’s worship.
3. The second weekly program meets as a self-contained event, timing to be negotiated, though most desirably alongside a self-contained elementary and intermediate school program.
4. In cooperation with the Youth Ministry Team, plan and conduct quarterly, special youth activities including such things as lock-ins, retreats, field trips, etc.
5. When on campus or during events, be available in a pastoral role in a chaplain capacity.
Requires minimum of: a high school diploma; 4 years experience in youth ministries or equivalent; and youth ministry leadership training or equivalent. Requires physical conditioning able to lead camping and other strenuous activities. Functions as a self-starter in a loosely structured environment.
Submit resume and 3 references thru Aug 24, 2017 to