Salud y Paz, a non-profit organization working on health and education in the Guatemalan highlands, is seeking a medical coordinator. The ideal candidate will be a medical professional (RN, PA, pharmacist, surgery tech, etc.) with a willingness to be flexible, learn on the job and work with a Guatemalan staff and international volunteers. Knowledge of Spanish is not a requirement but language school will be necessary once in country for a candidate that is not fluent. Duties include coordinating details of surgical mission trips, hosting medical teams, data collection, health education, committee work, etc. Openness to a long-term (2 years) commitment is preferred. A small stipend is provided to help offset living costs. Interested candidates should contact Katie at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Specific duties include:
· Coordinate all details and preferences of surgery teams coming to serve with SyP
· Host all surgery teams
· Host most medical volunteers working in coordination with team coordinator
· Coordinate clinic usage by other groups
· Liaison to other partner organizations
· Supervise community health education
· Participate on medical/dental/surgical committee
· Other duties as assigned
· Excellent verbal and written communication skills
· General Computer skills with MS Word, Exel and Dropbox
· Willingness to use own computer for work
· Basic level of Spanish comprehension and desire to become proficient
· Fundraise the rest of expenses (may be GBGM possibilities later)
This position has a small stipend allocated for living expenses and comes with a provided telephone.