Position Title: Director of Youth Ministries
Date: Application Closing Date 11/30/16 or when the position is filled.
Reports to: Associate Pastor
Position Summary: Will help lead youth to Christ; deepen youth in their commitment, faith, and
understanding of a life in God; equip youth to serve Christ in leadership, mission and
evangelism. Responsible for overall direction of the Youth Ministry, including embodying the
Youth Purpose Statement and Oak Hill UMC’s Mission and Vision Statements; youth
programming; discipleship development; pastoral care; outreach to the local schools and
community; worship; recruitment, training and nurture of adult youth workers; and budget
supervision. Also responsible for supervising paid and volunteer youth staff. Collaborate and
coordinate with Youth Ministry Team, Youth Council, Youth Music Ministry, overall Oak Hill
UMC ministry and Church Council, as well as District and Annual Conference ministries. Attend
church staff meetings as a member of staff. Continue to keep up with the latest in youth leader
practices through continuing education (Youth Specialties, Group. PCE, journal reading,
1. Plan and execute regular, ongoing activities for Middle School and High School groups and
coordinate with adult volunteers.
2. Plan and execute special events including mission trips, retreats, beginning of semester
outreach events, Youth Sunday, Graduation Sunday, in cooperation with youth and adult
3. Coordinate and Lead Sunday morning Youth Sunday School Program with volunteer
4. Plan and coordinate discipleship activities including small group Bible/Theology studies,
evangelism training, worship leadership, hands-on mission and service activities.
5. Plan and coordinate with Youth Ministry Team and Youth Council for visioning and
6. Budget oversight.
7. Collaborate, coordinate and lead as needed Confirmation classes and activities.
8. Provide pastoral care to youth and youth families.
9. Provide educational support opportunities for parents of youth.
10. Develop and implement opportunities for spiritual formation for youth, adult volunteers and parents of youth.
11. Attend staff meetings.
12. Participate and lead as needed in district and conference events.
13. Coordinate with other churches to advocate for youth.
14. Coordinate within the church and ministry teams to ensure youth participation in all aspects of the life of Oak Hill United Methodist Church.
15. Other duties as assigned.
1. A lived and expressed relationship with Christ reflected in lifestyle choices.
2. Understanding of and ability to articulate a personal Christian faith, within the Wesleyan
3. Ability to lead others to Christ and equip them to share their faith.
4. Excellent interpersonal and leadership skills.
5. Demonstrated worship leadership gifts and graces.
6. Excellent ability to recruit, train, encourage and nurture adult youth workers.
7. Excellent ability to communicate, coordinate and work with parents of youth, youth sponsors
and other youth volunteers.
8. Energy, enthusiasm, and an uncommonly positive mindset.
9. Ability to supervise and manage both volunteer and paid staff.
10. Good to excellent organizational and administrative skills.
11. Solid and cooperative team player, understanding and using healthy relational skills.
12. Commitment to the highest ideals of the United Methodist Church.
13. Commitment to the mission, vision, and purpose statements of Oak Hill UMC.
14. High School Graduate.
15. Ability to keep confidences.
16. Adult learner.
To Apply: Send a letter of interest, your resume and 3 references to firstname.lastname@example.org. No later than 11/30/16