First UMC Belton & Central Texas Conference 3200 E. Rosedale St. Fort Worth is looking to hire a
Associate Pastor/Campus Minister.
Description of Ministry Partnership: First UMC Belton is an established United Methodist congregation serving the larger Belton/Temple community. Part of the current ministry of First UMC Belton is a weekly lunch serving an average of 250 college students from the nearby campus of the University of Mary-Hardin Baylor. The creation of this new position arises out of prayerful, intentional conversation between church leadership at First UMC Belton and representatives of the Central Texas Conference.
Position Description: The Associate Pastor/Campus Minister will serve on both the pastoral staff of First UMC Belton and as the recognized United Methodist campus minister at the University of Mary-Hardin Baylor. This person will provide leadership in the development of ministry with students on campus at UMHB. This person will also serve as the lead pastor in the launch and development of a new faith community anchored in a new worship service within First UMC Belton. Responsibilities for this position include leadership and care for both the new faith community (preaching, pastoral care, and worship leadership) and the college student community (reaching, discipling, and mentoring students).
• A servant leader called to ministry with young adults and college students who possesses gifts of relationship-building, organizational leadership, student discipleship, and preaching and worship leadership. Must have a passion for young adults and reaching new people for Christ.
• Prior ministry experience working with college students and/or young adults.
• Bachelors degree, pursuing theological studies, and licensed or otherwise credentialed within the United Methodist Church or another Wesleyan theological tradition.
• An ordained elder in the United Methodist church.
• An MDiv from a United Methodist accredited seminary.
• At least 2 years of experience leading a campus ministry or serving in university chaplaincy.
• At least 2 years serving on pastoral staff in a local church.
• Prior experience developing new ministries.
• Strong preaching gifts and creative, visionary leader.
• Both a self-starter and team player.
To apply for the position:
Please submit an interest letter and professional resume including at least 3 references. All submissions should be emailed to Rev. Paul Massingill at PaulMassingill@ctcumc.org. Specific questions about the position may also be directed to Paul at 305.282.1929.
Resumes are being accepted now and will continue to be accepted until the position is filled. Desired start date is no later than July 1, 2019.
Salary & Benefits:
Compensation (salary & housing allowance) depends on experience. Benefits package includes health insurance and pension. A moving stipend will be provided, amount to be negotiated.