Marble Falls UMC in Marble Falls TX is seeking a Youth Pastor to serve the church by developing and leading a comprehensive ministry for youth. This person is charged to lead the youth in the Highland Lakes area to a committed relationship with Jesus Christ.
Education: Bachelor’s degree or two years college plus a minimum of 2 years experience in lieu of college degree.
Experience: Completion of an internship or applicable youth volunteer work experience with teens required. 3 - 5 years experience in a similar role preferred. Candidate should also have excellent communication and public speaking skills. Good organizational skills are essential. Working knowledge of music is a plus. Candidate needs a solid understanding of the foundations of the Christian faith, Methodist traditions and a strong desire to nurture young people in the Christian faith.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Work with church staff and volunteers to provide a well-rounded program for teaching, music, and recreation for youth. Create a Youth Ministry Team of volunteers, parents, and others, using Biblical principles and guidance to oversee the most effective youth ministry program for the youth of the Highland Lakes area.
2. Together with the pastoral staff, review and select curriculum materials and educational tools for youth programs including Wednesday night YouthGroup, Middle and High School Sunday School and Confirmation.
3. Develop Christ-centered relationships by being a mentor and positive role model within the Marble Falls community.
4. Attend youth activities and events as possible (school, extracurricular, etc.), so as to encourage and support youth and their families.
5. Recruit, train, coordinate and supervise adult leaders and teachers involved in the youth ministry.
6. Develop and supervise the Confirmation class annually.
7. Ensure a good flow of communication between parents and staff.
8. Plan, coordinate and attend youth camps, conferences, mission trips, retreats and recreational/social activities.
9. Identify, develop and disciple youth leaders.
10. Together with the business manager, manage budget and expenses for FUMC Youth Ministry.
11. Work with church staff, Youth Leadership Teams of youth, children and adults, church committees and leaders to carry out and integrate the Youth Ministry.
12. Attend FUMC weekly staff meetings.
13. Work with Scholarship Committee to select recipients and plan Senior Sunday.
14. Ensure that Youth Ministry aligns with United Methodist doctrine and FUMC-MF mission and priorities.
15. Develop relationships with school and community leaders to establish FUMC Youth Ministry awareness.
16. Assist pastoral staff in planning and carrying-out church activities, including visitation of shut-ins and hospitalized members.
17. Transport youth and volunteers to and from out-of-town youth activities utilizing church vehicles.
18. Perform any other tasks directed or requested by Pastoral staff.
Send resume to Rev. Clay Walden at firstname.lastname@example.org