Oak Hills UMC Youth Ministries Intern Job Description Objective: This position exists for the mutual benefit of Oak Hill United Methodist Church and the intern. Oak Hill United Methodist Church receives an individual who can offer their own set of skills, knowledge, interests, and passions to support and enhance the OHUMC ministry. In turn, the intern receives the opportunity to learn and practice ministry in a safe and nurturing environment as the intern continues to discern a call to ministry.
Sunday mornings (9:30am-12:30pm)
Sunday evenings (4:00-7:30pm)
Wednesday meetings (5:30 pm -8:00 pm)
Office Work- 5 hours a week
Outreach - 5 hours a week
Summer Trips and Events
Length of Commitment:
3 Months (June 1 – August 31).
- Possesses a sense of call to youth ministry and desires a place to follow and process that calling.
- Willing to develop mentoring relationship with a variety of youth.
- Able to help lead discussions and group activities as part of a team of adult ministry partners.
- Must pass a background check and adhere to Safe Sanctuary policy.
Responsibilities and Goals:
- Be a leading presence at the majority of scheduled youth events:
- Youth Week
- Vacation Bible School
- High School Mission Trip to La Grange
- Middle School Mission Trip to San Angelo
● Help create new methods of ministry to young people.
● Basic administrative tasks, such as attendance keeping, organizing and filing forms, and an understanding of Microsoft Office programs.
● Co-lead a weekly Sunday School or create a mid-week bible study.
● Be present and available to lead youth worship on Sunday evenings.
● Actively participate in the life of Oak Hill United Methodist Church.
● Develop and nurture relationships with OHUMC youth.
● Work effectively with OHUMC ministerial and support staff.
● Ask questions, seek leadership, take risks, and learn.
● Other duties and ministry participation as assigned or desired. Other opportunities may include (but not required):
- Worship leadership and planning
- Curriculum development
- Music leadership
Contact Matthew Villegas at Office: (512) 288-3836, Cell: 512-705-4441, or email email@example.com or for more information. Resumes can be sent to this email address or mailed to Oak Hill United Methodist Church, c/o Matthew Villegas, 7815 Hwy. 290 W, Austin, TX 78736.