Gruene United Methodist Church, a vibrant and growing community of faith in New Braunfels TX, is looking for a Director of Contemporary Worship. This individual will provide leadership and oversight in the area of corporate worship. This person will work closely with the senior pastor and worship planning team in providing worship services that are: God-glorifying, communal, reverent, formative and transformational.
- Recruit, equip, motivate, supervise and shepherd music team leaders and musicians and direct the team in weekly rehearsals.
- Actively search out new music to support the services.
- Design weekly worship service to include music, dramas, video clips and all creative elements for worship.
- Work in cooperation with pastors, staff (including technical staff & volunteers), and other music ministry staff to coordinate Music and Worship scheduling
- Provide leadership in consultation with pastors and worship team in music selection appropriate to church year and specific services.
- Recruit and schedule special music, soloists, ensembles and guest musicians.
- Maintain music library and oversee volunteer(s) who develop, maintain and keep inventory of all contemporary music and worship related equipment, materials and accessories.
- Attend weekly staff meetings and monthly Worship and Music Committee meetings.
Prior experience leading contemporary worship is desirable;
Good organizational skills, flexible, and detail oriented;
Strong enthusiastic leader who can engage people and motivate volunteers;
Good communicator, comfortable with public speaking and leading prayer;
Skilled in using technology for communication and planning.;
DESIRED MUSICAL COMPETENCIES
Ability in wide range of styles but with a focus on contemporary music.
Proficiency in keyboard / piano or guitar.
Arranging,composing, and sequencing music.
Experience with producing and directing special events, programs or musicals.
Experience with technical aspects of contemporary services: for example, sound boards, theater lights, video editing, etc. is desirable.