Deborah’s House is a ministry of Travis Park United Methodist Church which supports women who have completed an in-patient programs for their ongoing recovery from the disease of addiction by providing a safe sober-living home, spiritual mentoring and modeling of life skills for their continued success. For more information about Deborah’s House, visit http://www.travispark.org/what-we-do/deborahs-house
DH is searching for two part-time positions: Executive Director and Program Director. These positions will manage and oversee the administrative and programmatic components of Deborah’s House.
Executive Director (Part-time 15-20 hours a week) will report to the Board of Directors and be responsible for managing all administrative and operational aspects of the program, with support from the Program Director. The Executive Director will develop and implement fundraising plans and events, research and prepare grant requests and be responsible for the operating budget and programmatic expenses.
Interested individuals should submit resume and cover letter outlining qualifications by email to: email@example.com no later than January 20, 2017.
Program Director (Part-time 10-15 hours a week) will report to the Executive Director and responsible for working with the residents in achieving their goals of sobriety, safety, spirituality and solvency. The Program Director interviews/accepts/rejects applicants; assists residents in achieving their goals; maintains an ongoing presence in the lives of the residents; coordinates mentors for the residents; ad holds weekly accountability meetings with residents.
Interested individuals should submit resume and cover letter outlining qualifications by email to: firstname.lastname@example.org no later than February 5, 2017.
Executive Director (Part-time Position) – 15-20 hours a week (most duties performed off site)
· Reports to the Board of Directors
· Provide direction to DH Program Director
· Assist with Mentor Training and developing agenda for sessions
· Attend Mentor Gatherings (every 4-6 weeks about 2 hours per meeting in the evenings)
· Responsible for Program fund development and grant writing
· Represent DH at speaking engagements, meetings with referral agencies, potential funders, memberrecruitment activities, community partners, recruiting board members, etc
· Serve as liaison with Providence Place for DH facility and house needs (maintenance, leasing questions, etc.)
· Meet weekly with Program Director to stay abreast of residents and progress
· Interact regularly with residents
· Attend weekly Church Staff meetings at Travis Park United Methodist Church
· Assist with group activities and events for DH residents
· Provide fiscal oversight of DH revenues and expenses to include entering and managing information within Quickbooks
- Add new customers (donors), vendors and maintain, update contact information
- Receive/document payments (checks, cash, grants, credit card/online payments for individuals and events)
- Reconcile checking and trust account on a monthly basis
- Provide fiscal reports monthly for board meetings (P&L, Balance Sheet, etc.)
- Prepare deposits at bank
· Develop yearly budget in working with the board of directors
· Assist with fundraising including planning and implementing events (ie BigGive, VintnerDinners, etc.)
· Process donor acknowledgements and correspondence as required
· Grant writing and fundraising
· Administrative/director level working in non-profit sector
Program Director – 10-15 hours per week plus On Call (hours/days vary; available 7 days a week and some evenings)
· Work with Executive Director on relationships with referral agencies
· Interview and accept/reject applicants
· Recruit community members to serve as spiritual mentors of residents/clients
· Assist with mentor training conducted as needed
· Support mentors and attend Mentor Gatherings as scheduled (usually 4-6 weeks about two hours in the weekday evening)
· Responsible for holding weekly accountability meetings with residents (12-step progress and meetings, sponsor contacts, mentor meeting and process progress), monitor church attendance, assist with job search, etc
· Coordinate special events/training for DH residents (birthdays, anniversaries, etc.) with mentors, board members, etc.
· Maintain ongoing presence in DH residents’ lives
· Attend fundraising events when appropriate
· Participate in monthly Board meetings as necessary
· Counseling background including substance/alcohol abuse