Rio Texas Annual Conference Facebook Group Guidelines
The Rio Texas Conference Facebook Group is a public group made up of United Methodist Church and individual United Methodists in the Rio Texas Annual Conference. The purpose of this group is to share news, events, stories and ideas for Rio Texas Churches. Through sharing, it is our hope to encourage and support each other in our common mission to reach our mission fields to make disciples for Jesus Christ.
This is a moderated group. You are welcome to post, comment and share within the purpose of the group following the guidelines below. Posts and comments that do not fit within the guidelines will be removed.
These guidelines are designed to create a community of support and trust. While they do place limits on content, they should not be conceived as any sort of limit of free speech. There are plenty of venues on Facebook and across the internet to voice opinions and discuss other topics. This particular group has some specific guardrails.
Here are the guidelines:
1. Stay on Topic - This purpose of the group is listed above. If your post or comment doesn't fit, find another place on the internet for it.
2. Be Nice - This is not a place to challenge or attack. If you think a post is inappropriate, report it to the moderator. All defamatory, abusive, profane, threatening, offensive, or illegal comments are strictly prohibited.
3. Be open minded and graceful. Not every event or post may appeal to you. You may find a topic that does not align with your theology or point of view. As long as it doesn’t violate our guidelines and it is on topic it will remain. If an event or topic does not interest you, scroll past.
3. No Trolling - “Trolling” is posting deliberately disruptive statements meant to hijack comment threads or throw discussions off-track.
4. Please limit the amount you post. In this group, if you are posting about an event, only post it once. Duplicates may be removed. There is no hard limit on the number of posts. However, given the size of the group, try to stay below ten posts a month.