St Paul United Methodist Church 508 Center Street San Antonio, TX is looking to hire a Full Time Office Manager.
The Manager is responsible for managing and overseeing the church office, including the coordination of all administrative activities, facility operations and assisting the Senior and Nurture Pastors. Leads the church staff and manages the business operations, ensuring compliance with the United Methodist Church Book of Discipline. Exhibit a positive Christian spirit through words and action and must keep in strict confidence information acquired through the duties of this position, which may be personal in nature to church members and/ or staff.
St Paul United Methodist Church has been a part of the Dignowity Hill community for One hundred fifty three tears (153 Years).
Christ invites you to share in the love of God's family at St Paul UMC. Stronger together, Growing in Faith.
Job Description: Office Manager
Estimated Salary: $25-30,000 annually
- Senior Pastor & the SPUMC Staff Pastor-Parish Relations Committee (SPPRC)
- Responsible for managing and overseeing the church office, including the coordination of all administrative activities, facility operations and assisting the Senior and Nurture Pastors. Leads the church staff and manages the business operations, ensuring compliance with the United Methodist Church Book of Discipline. Exhibits a positive Christian spirit through words and actions and must keep in strict confidence information acquired through the duties of this position which may be personal in nature to church members and/or staff.
- Supports the Senior Pastor and Nurture Pastor to accomplish the SPUMC mission including ministry effectiveness evaluation, decision making, strategic planning and overall direction of the staff.
- Supervise and provides quarterly performance feedback to church staff
- Manages employees' schedules as directed by the Senior Pastor.
- Prepares the weekly order of worship.
- Ensures the front office maintains a clean, neat, professional appearance.
- Oversees management and maintenance of church properties
- Seeks ways to increase the productivity in the office and makes recommendations for acquiring capital office equipment/systems.
- Identify and recommend facility, equipment, and technology upgrades, modifications, and construction to the Trustee Board.
- Ensures confidentiality of relationships and records is maintained.
- Establishes and maintains a set of key performance metrics to monitor the effectiveness of the Ministry Plan and other functional areas of the Church.
- Performs other duties as assigned by the pastoral staff and church ministries.
Office Manager Skills and Qualifications: Bachelor degree in Business or a related field; three or more years of experience with office and facility management for a church or non-profit organization; supervisory skills and experience; understanding of data privacy standards; solid communication skills, both written and verbal; superior attention to detail; excellent organizational skills; problem-solving skills; multi-tasking abilities. Must be willing to work flexible hours, mostly Monday-Friday, but also evenings and weekends as needed.
Email resumes to JulietteGreen @ firstname.lastname@example.org