Oak Hill UMC
7815 Hwy 290 West
The Preschool Teacher Assistant is responsible for aiding in the successful operation of preschool classrooms to ensure quality early childhood instruction.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Assists in providing materials for the lesson plans; fills in for teacher as necessary.
- Works with the Director, parents, teachers and children to provide excellence in service, instruction and communication.
- Adheres to preschool policies and procedures.
- Attends all training, staff meetings and other Preschool functions.
- Supervising children on playground; helping with activities.
- Conducting safety inspections daily on playground areas.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Work hours 8:30-1:30 (M/W/F and/or T/TR)
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Must have a strong desire to work with children.
- Must have a good understanding of early childhood programs.
- Must be highly motivated.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Good organizational skills.
REQUIRED EDUCATION, CERTIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
- Preschool experience preferred.
- Must have experience working with parents.
- Must obtain certificates in CPR, First Aid and pre-service training after hire.
- Must be fingerprinted and pass Central Registry and FBI background checks.
Please see the attached job description.