Director of Youth Ministries
Plymouth Park UMC in Irving, TX, is seeking a full-time Director of Youth Ministries to continue growth and discipleship in our thriving youth group. A large church, PPUMC serves a diverse community and congregation in Irving and the surrounding cities. The Director of Youth Ministries is expected to nurture 6th-12th grade students and their families in Christian discipleship by building relationships and empowering students to be leaders in the church.
The youth ministry at PPUMC is established and very active within and outside of the church. The responsibilities of the youth director include, but are not limited to:
- Planning weekly Wednesday night youth fellowship, worship, and bible study and weekly Sunday school classes.
- Choosing and leading large group games at Wednesday night youth, retreats, trips, and Confirmation.
- Training and equipping a team of adult volunteers.
- Empowering student leaders to preach, teach, and plan.
- Developing and maintaining personal relationships with students and their families.
- Seeking and fostering relationships with community assistance organizations.
- Hiring and training summer interns.
- Writing and tracking a budget.
- Teaching confirmation.
- Planning 2-3 churchwide worship services a year.
- Attending school functions and lunches with students and parents.
- Managing youth band and youth band intern.
- Planning and leading two summer mission trips, a fall retreat, and an annual senior trip.
- Minimum of 2 years experience in youth ministry, full-time, part-time, or volunteer
- Bachelor’s degree.
- Christ-like character and faith and well versed in United Methodist theology and practices.
- Energetic and eager to journey beside youth, families, and volunteers.
- Experienced in planning and leading mission and recreational trips with students and volunteers.
- A commitment to students and their families.
- Strong interpersonal, communication, and organization skills.
- A proven history of developing student leaders.
- Experience in socioeconomically and racially diverse ministry context.
How to Apply
To apply, please send a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.