Southern Methodist University
Email Address: email@example.com
Position: Associate Director 3 (Internship Program)
Closing Date: 2/28/2017
Description: Salary Range:
Salary commensurate with experience and qualifications
Projected start date for this position is March 2017.
The Associate Director is responsible for the supervision and evaluation of interns in the Master of Divinity and Master of Arts in Ministry degree programs. These degree programs require successful completion of the Perkins internship. This job is essential to the theological curriculum in the formation of persons for ministry and community leadership.
- Placing of interns in churches or institutions in a variety of contexts
- Training and working with lay teaching committees in each ministry setting
- Selecting, training, and working with mentor pastors/mentors (on site supervisors)
- Selecting and working with consultants
- Leading required internship seminars
- Evaluating, in cooperation with lay teaching committees and mentor pastors, the work and learning of interns
- Participate in regular meetings to discuss supervisory, placement, and other administrative concerns
- Position requires evening hours, in-state and out-of-state travel.
Education and Experience:
- Master of Divinity is required. Doctor of Ministry is preferred.
- Doctor of Ministry, with emphasis in theological supervision, leadership, or social analysis is desirable.
- A minimum of five years of work experience is required.
- Experience providing supervision for growth in church leadership; teaching theological reflection; work with diversity in matters of culture, class, ethnicity, gender and theology; experience in community ministry are also required.
- Ordination is highly desirable.
- Membership in The United Methodist Church or other Methodist denomination is preferred
- Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Knowledge of the Southwest and its ethnic groups is desirable.
- Knowledge of other denominational/non-denominational groups is preferred.
- Candidate must demonstrate strong verbal and interpersonal communication skills, as well as the ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with a wide range of constituencies in a diverse community.
- Must also demonstrate the ability to communicate effectively in writing.
- A strong customer service orientation is essential.
- Candidate must possess strong time management, organizational and planning skills with the ability to prioritize and manage multiple tasks concurrently.
- Must also possess strong project management skills. A strong focus on attention to detail is essential.
- Candidate must have a strong working knowledge of computers and MS Office.
This position must have the ability to sit for long periods of time.
Deadline to Apply:
The position is open until filled.
TO APPLY: Please visit our website www.smu.edu and select staff careers from the right-hand side menu to access the online application.
Southern Methodist University (SMU) will not discriminate in any employment practice, education program, education activity, or admissions on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, disability, genetic information, or veteran status. SMU's commitment to equal opportunity includes nondiscrimination on the basis of sexual orientation and gender identity and expression. The Executive Director for Access and Equity/Title IX1 Coordinator is designated to handle inquiries regarding the nondiscrimination policies, including the prohibition of sex discrimination under Title IX. The Executive Director/Title IX Coordinator may be reached at the Perkins Administration Building, Room 204, 6425 Boaz Lane, Dallas, TX 75205, 214-768-3601,firstname.lastname@example.org. Inquiries regarding the application of Title IX may also be directed to the Assistant Secretary for Civil Rights of the U.S. Department of Education.