Director of Youth Ministries
First United Methodist Church Lampasas, Texas
The Director of Youth Ministries provides Biblical leadership and instruction for youth. Create
the opportunity to develop ministry projects and programs so that youth in the congregation and community will grow in faith as Christian disciples.
The basic responsibilities will include, but are not necessarily limited to the following:
● Lead, organize and facilitate fundraisers, camps, mission projects, UMC district events,
and ecumenical events and gatherings
● Gather, organize and lead volunteers for various responsibilities at the church and work
well with others
● Write various reports throughout the year for Administrative council, finance committee,
church conference, youth council and events
● Create, maintain, and organize attendance records, permission slips, meetings, and
logistics for events
● Maintain property with care and respect
● Communicating and leading youth in Biblical instruction, games and behavior
● Maintain accountability with the Pastor and the PPRC
● 21 years of age or older
● High School diploma or equivalent
● Must pass a required background check
● Complete and follow the guidelines in the Safe Sanctuary Policy
● Current Certification in first aid and CPR
● Have a valid driver’s license
● Able to embrace the theology of the United Methodist Church
● Passion for youth ministry and genuine interest in responding to the hopes and concerns
of youth in the community
● Biblical knowledge and the ability to teach and give instruction
● Creativity and the ability to think outside the box
These physical demands are representative of the physical requirements necessary for an
employee to successfully perform the essential functions of the job. Reasonable accommodations can be made to enable people with disabilities to perform the described essential functions.
While performing the responsibility of the job, the employee is required to watch, walk, bend,
sit, lift and other physical necessities for working with young adults.
While performing the responsibilities of the job, these work environment characteristics are
representative of the environment the job holder will encounter. Reasonable accommodations
may be made to enable people with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the job.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is exposed young adults. The noise level in the work environment is usually can be quiet to loud.
This document describes the general purpose and responsibilities assigned to this job and is not an exhaustive list of all responsibilities and duties that may be assigned or skills that may be required.
Please contact Linda Floerke, SPRC Chair, at firstname.lastname@example.org, for additional information. We look forward to hearing from you!